- Around 500,000 spectators line the course each year and about 8,000 people volunteer to make the event possible.
- Visually impaired runners are also allowed to race, but must meet a 5hr qualifying time. There are also divisions for wheelchair and hand cycle racers.
- The course records are:
- Men - Geoffrey Mutai of Kenya who ran 2:03:02 (2011)
- Women - Buzunesh Deba of Ethiopia who ran 2:19:59 (2014)
- The male and female winners each year both get $150,000 plus $25,000 if they set a new course record
- The race is set for 32,500 runners and is almost always run at capacity
- The race "mascott" is a unicorn, but this really just coincides with the BAA logo
Click for more random fast facts!